Lately I've seen a couple makeup pet peeve videos on YouTube and I thought it would be fun to do my own version! This was done for laughs, so don't be offended if any apply to you!
I had a little epiphany this morning while applying this gorgeous masterpiece... about 90% of my makeup "don'ts" were/are trends taken to the extreme -- i.e. full brows, Kim K under eye highlight, etc.
Please disregard my messy hair... I didn't think it was necessary to style it with a face full of makeup like that! Anywho, I hope you enjoy!!
1. Foundation that is too dark -- Need I elaborate?
2. Using bronzer all over your face -- Sorry Jersey girls!
3. Concealer that is too light on blemishes -- This will only highlight the problem. Try using a shade the same color or slightly darker than your skin.
4. An extremely light concealer under your eyes (Kim Kardashian highlight) -- Even when done correctly I'm not a fan of this. I think in ten years people will look back and say, "What was I thinking?!"
5. Unblended, overly dramatic contouring. -- Leave crazy contouring up to drag queens.
6. Blush applied only to the "apples" of your cheeks -- Unless you plan on frequenting children's birthday parties.
7. Drawing on a fake mole -- Your only excuse would be dressing up as Marilyn Monroe for Halloween, otherwise please avoid this at all costs!
8. Very uneven eyebrows -- eyebrows are never completely symmetrical in nature, but at least attempt to make them look like they belong on the same human.
9. "Scouse brows" -- This is a term used in the UK, but basically it means crazy overdrawn eyebrows.
10. Overly arched/extended brows -- put down the eyebrow pencil... and walk away slowly...
11. Liquid liner on the bottom lash line -- I can't imagine what would make someone think that this looks nice, but I'm here to tell you that it doesn't!
12. Eye liner applied ONLY to the bottom lash line -- this is typically a middle schooler rookie mistake, but it looks horrid at any age.
13. Haphazardly applied false lashes -- unless you're going for a "I just smoked crack" kind of look.
14. False bottom lashes -- leave this up to editorial photo shoots, I beg you!
15. Overly frosty brow bone highlight -- this looks like something straight out of the 80's, and NOT in a good way!
16. Bright, unblended, heinous, two toned eyeshadow -- another trend that has gone to the dark side...
17. Eyeshadow fallout -- this is what man created makeup wipes for!
18. Concealer lips -- this is NEVER a good look... EVER!
19. Brown lip liner -- the 90's called and they want their lip liner back!
20. Making the duckface -- I know this isn't makeup, but it needs to stop asap!
What are your makeup pet peeves?